This is an important message from Principal Salazar.
I wanted to share with you a recent announcement made by Superintendent Austin Beutner on a new, comprehensive effort to offer COVID vaccinations to all students 12 and up during this school year while teachers, staff, and our students are still in school.
Here are the key details:
- The vaccination program is voluntary, not a requirement to attend school
- To participate, parents must schedule an appointment on the Daily Pass website (DailyPass.LAUSD.net)
- Parents must accompany students to the school with a signed consent form (see below)
- Students attending classes on campus must schedule appointments after school, and must be accompanied by an adult
- Appointments are available from 11:00 am to 7:00 pm
- No COVID test is needed
- The appointment for the second dose of the vaccine will be scheduled automatically
- You may make an appointment at any LAUSD school that is a vaccination site
The program will be at Woodland Hills Academy on Tuesday, June 8th when we will offer the first of a two-dose COVID vaccination to students.
This school-based approach to vaccinations is already helping high-schoolers, aged 16-18, and is being expanded to students 12 and older, who are now eligible to be vaccinated. The availability of vaccines for children ages 12-18 is an important part of our school’s path to recovery.
Los Angeles Unified will operate the vaccination effort for children at schools much like it’s already doing with COVID testing at its existing school-based vaccination sites. Mobile vaccination teams will visit each school on a predetermined schedule to administer the vaccine to students.
The plan is to visit each campus to offer vaccinations to students at least once before school ends and return to administer second doses. Please note that parents/caregivers will need to accompany students when they get vaccinated.
This isn’t a simple undertaking, but it’s been done before. An entire generation of children received polio vaccinations at schools.
The program will start at Cleveland HS and Hale on May 24th with a goal to provide access to vaccinations for students over the next two weeks and again during the summer.
If you have any questions, please feel free to call the Los Angeles Unified Family Vaccination Hotline at (213) 328-3958.