At Woodland Hills Academy, we create an environment in which:
- Learning and teaching are valued and unsafe behavior is discouraged.
- Respect, responsibility, cooperation, and other highly valued character traits are taught and encouraged.
- Individual differences are valued rather than criticized.
- Educating students with disabilities can be supported more effectively and efficiently.
- Teaching fundamental skills like reading and math can be maximized.
- Open lines of communication between staff, students, and parents/guardians are maintained.
- Positive response strategies and age-appropriate interventions for behavior are consistently implemented.